Search This Blog

Monday, August 26, 2013

"Loose Lips" by Kimya Dawson

Song: Loose Lips
Artist: Kimya Dawson
Album: Remember that I Love You
Also try
Commentary: Twice this summer I made connections with people about anti-folk songs I listened to in high school. I don't think I'd ever said the word "anti-folk" or discussed the genre with anyone. Part of me believed it only existed ephemerally in a network of websites frequented by teenagers in the early aughts. And since I'm in 20th grade now, and no longer 9th, I was amused to hear an 8th grader singing Kimya Dawson's 2004 non-hit, "Loose Lips" a month ago. She was insufficiently impressed with my hip knowledge of hip music, but I know I'm "with it". What?!? "Loose Lips" was in Juno? I LISTENED TO ANSTY PANTS BEFORE JUNO! Man, forget Juno.

Version:

No comments:

Post a Comment