Search This Blog

Saturday, October 19, 2013

"Ohio" by Damien Jurado

Song: Ohio
Artist: Damien Jurado
Album: Rehearsals for Departure
Also try:  Jurado's Ghost of David, Richard Buckner, David Bazan, Mark Kozelek, Scout Niblett
Commentary: Damien Jurado is a musician I've been wanting to hear for about a decade now, so when he came to town last month, I was pumped. This song has the emotive instrumentation; the breathy, intimate vocals; and the poignant lyrics that really work well together. If I'm in the right mood, it'll take me pretty close to tears (the Daytrotter, not the album version). Anyway, when he played in a magnificent concert hall for Pygmalion Music Festival, the acoustics and atmosphere really served him well. I was pleased to hear the college dudes behind me say incredulously, "Why didn't they give this guy more than a half hour??"

Version:

Daytrotter version:
Another nice studio version:

Damien Jurado - ohio from bluelinestyle.com on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment