Search This Blog

Monday, August 14, 2023

"Photoshoot (Flying Lotus remix)" by Gucci Mane

Song: Photoshoot (Flying Lotus remix)
Artist: Gucci Mane
Album: Adult Swim Singles Project 2009
Lyrics that resound:: 🎶I see the boy, see the boy, see the boy. Lemme take a polaroid, polaroid, camera flash🎶
🎶Get your camera phone on, it's a photoshoot🎶
Commentary: This was my first introduction to Flying Lotus and his genius as a producer. I didn't like Gucci Mane at the time or the kind of percussive drum kits like we hear here. But something about this song I have loved. It gets stuck in my head and springs to mind regularly, and it's been so long that he's singing about a "camera phone"! I also have to hype the Adult Swim Singles music operation. They've been curating excellent music selections for YEARS. Go ahead, check out some of their releases. I can't tell if they've ceased since 2021, but there's still good stuff there. I hope they keep going because they tend to be ahead of the game.

Version:

No comments:

Post a Comment