Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

"Ngo Mebou Melane" by Paul Pendja Ensemble

Song: Ngo Mebou Melane
Artist: Paul Pendja Ensemble
Album: Black Mirror: Reflections in global music (1918-1955)
Also try:  the other songs on that album, Jeff Mangum's recent podcasts, Secret Museum of Mankind releases on Yazoo
Commentary: One time I had this melody stuck in my head for like a month, but I couldn't remember where I'd heard it and I obviously couldn't look up the lyrics. I eventually found it in my music library and even searched around to determine that the language is Lamnso, which was another adventure (into Bantoid languages). So needless to say, I find this tune rather catchy and the whole compilation pretty stellar. Dust-to-Digital is an excellent label (did you hear the album name Opika Pende at the Grammy's?)

Version:

No comments:

Post a Comment